Mintel Trend Extend My Brand explores the fresh opportunities – new markets, new demographics, even new categories – that brands can uncover when they leverage their existing reputation among more discerning post-recession consumers.
- German rail operator Deutsche Bahn is now allowing travelers to purchase their train ticket and a daily car rental in one transaction. The company partnered with car rental firm Flinkster to allow long-haul train passengers to book an electric vehicle that will be waiting for them when they arrive at their destination station.
- In Chicago, Tide Co. has launched Tide Spin, a service that offers wash-and-fold home laundry pick-up, as well as drop-off dry cleaning, with no delivery fee or minimum order.
- UK retailer Tesco is set to trial a ‘Pet Den’ at its Cardiff store, which will allow customers to get their pets groomed while they do their grocery shopping.
- Gap has partnered with Lion Coffee & Records to launch food, coffee and weekly live performances in its Oxford Street store in London. This pop-up will be situated on the ground floor of Gap’s flagship store.
- In Colombia, Chrysler has launched its own online radio station to allow listeners to experience true Detroit soul.
- The owner of UK airline easyJet has opened theeasyFoodstore, a budget grocery store where everything has been priced at mere cents.
How would you comment this trend? Length of the part 7.58